Saturday, March 12, 2011

Photography--My Newest Passion!

I have always loved taking photos!  I was able to treat myself to a Canon Rebel Xsi in the summer of 2009, as a graduation gift to myself.  I tended to favor shooting in auto, but that was mainly because I had no idea how to use manual!  Last Spring, mom and I took a photography class with my wedding photographers in Grand Forks.  They were amazing, and we learned a lot (mainly how to shoot in manual and understand my camera settings)!  Ever since then, I think both mom and I have been a bit more inspired.  

After that class, I started taking photos of friends and family.  Word of mouth has been spreading, and I've had a handful of friends of friends contact me to shoot their photos.  After a lot of thought, I've been tossing around the idea of starting my own side photography business.  I'm still not sure how far I want to take it, but I am ready to start marketing my services and see how many bites I get!  

I just created my own photography website and facebook fan page to get started marketing.  In addition, I also just upgraded my camera (Canon 60D), and I am super excited to get it in the mail!  I will have lots of practice shooting another cute baby in about a month or so :).

No comments:

Post a Comment